Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life in ordinary times

Our life is boring, really, I must admit. But, that doesn't mean we're not busy. Between sewing OZ costumes, picking up, dropping off kids and friends, three different school schedules, extended school hours (to make up for snow days), life is busy.

Gabriel is going to a special math competition this weekend, being only one of 8 kids invited from the middle school to attend. He found out that they asked me to carpool and chaperone and tells me he doesn't want to be in my car...I'm not offended. I told him that means I can bring all the girls in my car and we can talk about him on the way there!! :)

Girl Scout cookies arrive in 2 weeks and I already fear the sight of 1000+ boxes in my house! I am getting help picking them up, as I know they won't fit in my mini SUV. Marian did meet her goal and sold 228 boxes! We have decided to send our surplus boxes (about 2 dozen) to troops overseas. A former Marine from church is hooking us up with some troops overseas.

I lost my walking buddy, but have gained 3 more! I sent out an email to ladies in my bible study seeking a new walking buddy. Seek and you shall find!

No comments:

Post a Comment