Friday, July 8, 2011

Patron Saints

So, if St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost items, then I offer up 2 new saints.

St. Gabriel (my son, who is NOT a saint, but there's hope), the patron saint of losing things. He has lost so many things just today, I have lost count. #1 he lost his pocketknife, #2 he lost his fishing pliers, # he lost his wallet at Wal-mart. (we did go to customer service and the wallet was turned in and with all the money--there are still good people in the world). After the wallet, I've stopped counting.

St. Peyton (Gabriel's friend, also NOT a saint, and I don't think there's any hope), the patron saint of breaking things. If there was someone born without any sense of right/wrong/good/bad, it has got to be Peyton. Common sense is something he thinks he'll just buy at Wal-mart someday. The prime example took place 2 weeks ago. I had just bought something and it was on my counter for not even 5 minutes and I'm in the other room. He breaks it, because he can't figure out how it worked. I was livid.

If either of these 2 become saints, you can say I predicted it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment