Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Farewells and new starts

Yesterday our parish celebrated the life of Mona Manning, parish organist for over 40 years.  She was a dear soul who reminded me so much of Alma.  Both former nuns, both spinster women, both deeply religious.  Mona was sent off with a funeral, which included 9 priests and a monsignor.  Because she was the organist, a spray of flowers and a picture was placed on the organ.

Ash Wednesday starts today and with it a Lenten Journey for all. 

O Lord, who hast mercy upon all,
take away from me my sins,
and mercifully kindle in me
the fire of thy Holy Spirit.
Take away from me the heart of stone,
and give me a heart of flesh,
a heart to love and adore Thee,
a heart to delight in Thee,
to follow and enjoy Thee, for Christ's sake, Amen
St. Ambrose of Milan (AD 339-397)

No comments:

Post a Comment