Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dollywood Saga

Here is the short story of it, well it may turn into a long story

6 Girl Scouts + 2 siblings + 2 leaders + 6 other family members=16 people

5 seats in car A + 5 seats in car B + 5 seats in car C= 15 people

The math is pretty clear, I needed to borrow a mini-van. So, I set up with
someone to borrow a mini-van, and then this woman ditches on me at the last
minute. Literally, at 8:30pm last night, before I had to leave this
morning. Liability, what if one of the girls sues me? She tells me. I left
without saying much at all, for fear my anger would kill her.

On the phone with car rental places, none has any mini-vans in area. NONE.

Decide to leave my older kids home and not come. Tears and frustration and
bad words. Then, miraculously, 3 people back out and now we have enough to make it this morning.

And I survived Dollywood with all the kids and we didn't lose anyone,
anyone's cell phones, anyone's glasses/sunglasses and we were all pretty
happy. AND it didn't rain!! Well, it did sprinkle a bit, but that doesn't
count, we were already wet from the water ride at that point.

Oh and by the way our AC is not working....repairman coming tomorrow morning. UGH

No comments:

Post a Comment