Saturday, October 30, 2010

Final Hawaii Posting







We had a pretty relaxed day yesterday and today. Yesterday, we went bodysurfing on our beach (Kailua) and the waves were really big! I lost my favorite sunglasses, oh well. Then we went to see about a surfing lesson in the afternoon. But, they were all booked up. So, the girls and Bogdan went to the zoo. That was our best budget buy of the week. Since we have a pass with the TN Aquarium, we only paid $6 for 3 people to get in and it was also good for today.

Meanwhile, I went with Gabriel and Bica to Waikiki beach. It was SO rocky and not as good as Kailua, so we are glad we did the research and picked Kailua beach. We waited until the group was done at the zoo, then we all got to see the sunset on Waikiki Beach, which was nice.

Today, Gabriel and I went surfing. He was a pro and got up at least 7 times. The instructor said he was really good. As for me, I got up the first time, but then someone else slammed into me and hit my ankle. It still hurts quite a bit. I was not able to get up after that, because of the pain. Oh well, at least Gabriel had a good time and now he wants to plan a vacation where he can surf again.

Bica and the girls used the zoo pass and went to the zoo, while we were surfing. Then we all ate out. The highlight of the trip to the zoo was that Anna filmed the turtles mating.

We leave tomorrow, and not much planned except packing and cleaning up a bit at the rental house.

We will stop in AZ for a day and back to TN on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment