Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

This is not an easy holiday for me, now that my mother has died, but it is a day to remember.

And so, I offer this poem, which has always meant a lot to me.

Praise to the Women on my Journey

To the Women on my journey
Who showed me the ways to go and not to go,
Whose strength and compassion
held up a torch of light and beckoned me to follow...

To the Women on my journey
Who showed me how to live and not to live,
Whose Grace, Success and Gratitude
lifted me into the fullness of surrender to God...

To the Women on my journey
Who showed me what I am and am not,
Whose love and encouragement and confidence
held me tenderly and nudged me gently...

To the Women I say bless you and thank you
from the depths of my heart,
for I have been healed and set free
through your joy and through your sacrifice.

Rev. Melissa M. Bowers

No comments:

Post a Comment