Sunday, October 19, 2014

The week in review

This week was Fall break, and it seemed to wiz by!

Gabriel did some work at the boathouse, he had a race in Chattanooga, he worked at ORNL, hung out with friends, went dirt biking with Bogdan, and slept some.

Marian spent time with friends, worked a bit on her Science project, finished her new book and started a new one, watched movies and slept some.

Anna was also home for her Fall break, much shorter, and watched movies, saw friends and mostly slept.

Bogdan mostly worked, but also took some time off with Gabriel for dirt biking.

I worked most of the week on campaigning for Amendment 1, a pro-life amendment here in TN.  Early voting started this week, and I am one of those crazy workers outside polling locations that hold up a sign to encourage voters to vote my issue.  It's been a cold week, so I've appreciated when my shift is over and I could take warmth in my house.  I will be busy all the way up until Nov. 4th, our election day.

This was also the weekend of our Fall Festival, and Marian, Anna, and I all make pies for the baking contest.  Anna made a frozen chocolate pie, Marian made a Peanut Butter-Chocolate Swirl Pie and I made a Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.  Unfortunately, none of us won an award.

The Fall Festival went well and we had good weather.  Hopefully, the church had more income than expenses for this event.  It's the 64th year they've been doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment